Nextern, a medical device design and manufacturer, is seeking a Quality Technician. Nextern focuses on medical devices in markets utilizing endovascular therapy delivery and electro-mechanical integrated systems.
Be a key contributor to the Nextern product realization team, a talented group of dedicated engineering professionals who work together to solve problems, reach goals and deliver products that exceed customer expectations. Join an organization with a passion for creating smart, intuitive and effective, medical products.
- Oversees dimensional, visual and functional lot release on incoming and outgoing product in accordance with sampling plans and takes action in accordance to documented procedures when potential quality problems are identified.
- Interprets and understands internal mechanical and electrical drawings and specifications and has the ability to select proper measurement tools with minimal direction.
- Makes recommendations on decisions as to the acceptable quality; reasons for rejection; completes required quality records. Identify, initiate quarantine, report and document all non-conforming product.
- Identifies, reports and documents all discrepancies, and potential problems. Participates in root cause analysis. Assists QE in non-conforming material/part resolution, management and tracking of non-conformance.
- Develop, implement and improve measurement methods for mechanical and electrical subassemblies.
- Performs cleanroom environmental monitoring activities and documents results including quick escalation of any out of specification results
- Assists in documentation control and maintenance of records
- Follows set training program for position and ensures training requirements are up to date.
- Maintains highly accurate and legible quality records. Reviews quality records for completeness.
- Actively works within all aspects of the Quality system to provide support to the entire organization.
- Participates and assists in annual internal audit activities to ensure compliance to quality system
- Demonstrates safe work habits, maintain clean and safe work area.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or GED required. Technical degree is preferred.
- Minimum 3+ years of medical device inspection experience.
- Knowledge of measurement systems (SI, English, metric), perform measurement conversions (scientific, decimals, and fractions).
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products. Including but not limited to:
- Excel – cell formatting, formulas and functions, filters, setting print area
- Proficiency of Excel will be determined based on hand-on excel evaluation.
- ASQ certification of Quality Inspector or Technician is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with team members.
- Strong organizational skills for both individual work, and activities involving a team.
- Must be results-orientated and have sense of urgency.
- Must have problem solving skills and be able to work under stress.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and with the ability to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
Nextern is dedicated to developing and maintaining a culture driven by an enthusiastic pursuit of quality based operations and excellence in design and manufacturing. If your experience and mindset resonates with our needs and philosophy please submit a resume and cover letter with a summary of your relevant experience.
The company offers a competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision, LTD, Life and 401k with a company match.